Dr. Yahaya Ibrahim is a theoretical physicist at the Department of Physics, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina, Nigeria. He develops mathematical models and perform computer simulations to answer important questions in soft condensed matter and biological systems.
He holds a Ph.D. Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics from the University of Bristol, United Kingdom, and M.Sc. Theoretical Physics from African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, Nigeria, and B.Sc. Physics from Ahmadu Bellow University, Zaria, Nigeria.
Recent publications by Dr. Ibrahim:
- Ibrahim, Yahaya and T. B. Liverpool “The dynamics of a self-phoretic Janus swimmer near a wall” EPL (Europhysics Letters) 111 (2015) 48008.
- S. Ebbens, D. A. Gregory, G. Dunderdale, J. R. Howse, Ibrahim, Yahaya, T. B. Liverpool and R. Golestanian “Electrokinetic effects in Pt-Insulator Janus swimmers”EPL (Europhysics Letters) 106 (2014) 58003.
- Ibrahim,Yahaya, and Tanniemola B. Liverpool. “How walls affect the dynamics of self-phoreticmicroswimmers.”The European Physical Journal Special Topics 225.8-9 (2016): 1843-1874.
- Ibrahim, Yahaya, R. Golestanian, and T. B. Liverpool “Multiple phoretic mechanisms in the self-propulsion in Pt-Insulator Janus swimmer”J. Fluid Mech. (2017), vol. 828, pp. 318–352.
Area of Research Interest
His research focus has been understanding the physics behind synthetic micro andnanomachines motility and design - in close collaboration with experimentalists.The nanomachines are powered by chemical reactions and have many potential applications in medicine (e.g. as drug delivery systems) and in the chemical industry.
- Ibrahim was an (Honorary) Visiting Fellow with the school of mathematics, University of Bristol, UK, (2013-2016).
- His publications has been cited over 140 times on GoogleSchoolar bibliographic database. (GoogleSchoolar).
- He has over 364 reads and 78 citations on ResearchGate (ResearchGate).
Websites: To visit Dr. Y. Ibrahim’s personal webpage (Click here)