The Information and Protocol Unit operates under the Vice Chancellor’s office, the staff of the Unit are directly answerable to the Vice Chancellor.
The Unit is charged with the following responsibilities:
- To serve as the official source for the release and dissemination of the University’s news items for both internal and external consumption.
- To keep the entire University community informed of local events, that is Academic and social happenings through the production of weekly, monthly, quarterly bulletin via the electronic and print media.
- Create effective synergy between the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology, Registry and the Unit in disseminating factual, accurate, refined and objective information to the outside world through the University’s official website.
- To participate in preparing University’s official events such as Public lectures, Seminars, Symposia, Conferences and students’ activities.
- Liaise with relevant media outlets in covering and broadcasting all the University’s official events.
- Placing adverts, jingles, press releases and other programmes of the University in the media houses.
- To promote and protect image of the University.
- Compiling and production of Annual Report of the University.
- To participate in some Committees set up by the University.
- Any other duty assigned by the Vice Chancellor.